To run a business, you must apply to the Inland Revenue for a Business License for each different business you operate. If you have decided to run your business as a company you must first register that company with the Ministry of Commerce Industry and Labour. If your business will be run as a partnership or trust, you should have a formal partnership agreement or a trust deed prior to registering with the Inland Revenue. For more information on how to start a business see our Starting a Business Information for new businesses guide